Elder Care Plus
The Elder Care Plus program is designed to meet the needs of families with elderly loved ones who live at home alone and may need assistance. It provides peace of mind to family members who either live away or have other obligations.
A registered nurse conducts an objective and professional in-home assessment that promotes problem-solving and encourages proactive behavior.
Why is this necessary?
When parents age, the duties of the family and/or caregiver will naturally increase. If the family tries to handle it alone, they may jeopardize their parent's or their own quality of life. This is because there is less time to spend with a partner, children or friends as parents age and their needs increase.
What happens next?
A follow-up home visit is made by the nurse, and the plan of care is thoroughly reviewed with the client and family. The client and family then can choose to implement the plan themselves, or hire the agency to implement the plan for a monthly service fee.
What are the monthly services?
1. Monthly assessment visit by a registered nurse, including:
- Home safety assessment and audit
- Complete nursing assessment of client
- Teaching and reinforcing basic self-care skills
- Medication box set-up (to last one month)
- Updated written condition report to physician
- Updated written or verbal report to family
2. Weekly phone call from the RN:
- To assess any ongoing needs in relation to the plan of care
- To answer any questions about the plan of care
- To discuss health issues with, such as medications, eating, sleeping and toileting
- To discuss physician appointments and answer questions
3. Coordination with physicians:
- Assist with making appointments for doctor office visit
- Assist with referral process to a specialist or other physician
- Contact physician office for clarification of medication or treatment
4. Referrals to community services:
- Assist with arrangements, such as transportation
- Assist with referrals to appropriate services: ie: meals on wheels, day centers, senior centers, and assisted living facilities
How much does it cost?
The initial in-home assessment charge is a $150 one-time fee. There is no obligation for other services and no
hidden charges. The monthly charge for the Elder Care Plus service is $150. A bill will be mailed to the client's home, a family member's home, or to a bank trust department.
Charges for any additional services may include:
- Homecare Services – Assistance with smooth transition to a home care agency of your choice
- TeleHealth Services – Home health technology that allows daily health monitoring
- Lifeline Services – Emergency response button activated through an existing phone line
- Extra Visits – Hospital visits or home visits by an RN, in addition to the monthly visits through Elder Care Plus
Why hire an agency?
- A professional assessment often can point to areas of concern of which families are unaware.
- The assessment often validates concerns that the family may already have.
- The professional is able to view the client and family objectively, allowing for the provision of a carefully thought-out plan of care.
What does the initial in-home assessment include?
- A thorough evaluation of the elder's needs, issues and problems.
- An overview of the elder's physical, cognitive, emotional and social status.
- A step-by-step plan of care to be available within a week or two.
Trinity Visiting Nurse and Homecare Association
106 19th Ave., Suite 101
Moline, Ill. 61265
Phone: (309) 779-7600
Toll Free: 800-654-2720
Fax: (309) 779-7661
Trinity Muscatine Home Health and Home Care Products
1609 Cedar St
Muscatine, IA 52761